In a role that will offer excellent variety, you will lead the financial reporting and analysis around month end, quarter end and end of the financial year. You are required to ensure the integrity of the P&L, together with preparing a monthly reporting pack to help support operational decision making.
As a key member of the finance team, you will manage the budgeting process and undertake ad hoc financial modelling, and as such strong data analytics skills will be part of your skill-set.
Equally, you will play a role in the implementation and improvement of systems.
Candidates should be CA/CPA qualified or approaching qualification with a commercial mindset, and the ability to engage with finance and non-finance staff.
- Forming part of the executive management team with direct reports to the director
- The role has 1 direct report - management and people skills are critically important
- Overall management of the company's finances including obligatory requirements
- Ownership of the month-end processes
- Implementation and effective management of risk controls
- Providing financial support to project teams, including progress claims and project cost reports;
- Compiling cash flow records, budgeting, forecasting and working alongside the Construction Manager regarding project schedules
- Working with Contracts Administrators and Project Managers to maximise project returns
- Liaison with external accountants
- Overseeing Payroll
- Management and updating of the company systems and processes
- Degree/ Tertiary Qualification qualification in a relevant field.
- Previous professional Accounting experience.
- Construction industry knowledge is a priority.
- Previous experience with Sage x 3 or Onbase or similar systems.
- Previous management accounting experience essential.
This business demonstrates real growth & transformation, not just the buzz words.