We are seeking expressions of interest from professionals for five projects due to start in early 2020. The challenge is to lead and facilitate a strong HSE culture on these projects by providing mentorship and direction on the implementation of Environmental Management Plans and Safety Management Plans in numerous Western Australia locations. Your role will be cross-disciplined, encompassing safety, monitoring, compliance reporting and more.
Your key responsibilities in HSE and Quality Assurance:
- You need to demonstrate a personal duty of care for yourself, others & your environment.
- You will set a personal example across the breadth of your role which reflects well on your integrity
- Demonstrate your familiarity with HSE policies and procedures.
- Provide ideas and insights into the development of risk assessments and encourage others to do the same.
- Of course, you will raise any HSE issues as soon as possible and take action to mitigate immediate risks.
The OH&S Manager roles are both a site and office based role, responsible for all aspects of workplace health, safety and environment for the company. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to play a critical role in their growing organisation.
Your key project based responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with the construction team, as well as building a strong rapport with management, clients and regulators.
- Actively engage field crews in the environmental management of construction activities by actively instructing and guiding them to undertake work in a manner that aligns with the SMP, CEMP and other related plans.
- Positively contribute to and undertake inductions and toolbox talks.
- Enthusiastically promote a health and safety culture in order to reduce all hazards and incidents in the workplace.
- Assist with site risk assessments, implementation of job safety analysis and inspection of job activities during difficult or hazardous work.
- Establish, conduct and maintain audits and inspections.
- Conduct pre-clearing inspections of vegetation to identify potentially sensitive habitat areas.
- Record and translocate any fauna found within, or directly adjacent to, the active construction area.
- Diligently undertake monitoring and testing in accordance with project specifications.
- Ensure meaningful daily reporting is prepared and maintained.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of Certificate IV in WHS/OHS
- Construction industry experience preferable
- Ability to produce high quality safety reports and documentation
- A high level of computer literacy
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- A practical, fair and collaborative approach to the role
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently