Kona & Co | Banking & Finance has been retained by a leading Blue Collar Recruitment Specialist for a Payroll Manager who has previous experience within the recruitment sector.
Reporting into the Managing Director, this role will see you taking the lead on a wide range of high level payroll functions, such as: conformity with policies, payroll tax compliance, superannuation legislation, maintaining pay and leave records, checking all input and the preparation of gross reconciliation by pay group and senior stakeholder communication with key stakeholders across Finance, IT, HR & the Executive functions.
- Perform full function Payroll in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communicate clearly and exceptionally well with temporary employees.
- Process leave calculations, including long service, maternity + parental leave.
- Understand and perform Super and Tax calculations.
- Have the ability to interpret EBA’s and Awards correctly.
This includes the payroll system, time and attendance configuration, updating rates and allowances as determined by EBAs, Awards and Remuneration reviews and the end to end processing payroll and associated administration.
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience performing end to end payroll autonomously.
- Outstanding communication skills between colleagues and third parties.
- Attention to detail whilst performing Payroll.
- Strong understanding of EBA’s and Awards.
- Ability to think independently and solve Payroll queries.
Our client truly values its staff and understands that in order to maintain their position as an employee of choice, they need to constantly develop their staff and enable them to reach their full potential.
We welcome applications from candidates with:
- Extensive payroll management (team leader) experience in a large corporate environment.
- Experience managing a complex payroll function across a large scale, national business.
- High level of analytical, detailed and organisational skills.
- Experience in managing Payroll in a Recruitment Environment.
- Skills in the implementation and change management.
- Professional and friendly stakeholder management and strong relationship building.
- High level appreciation of payroll risk and ability to solve problems efficiently and professionally.