Kona & Co | Engineering are now working in close partnership with this excellent South Australian Engineering Services provider to the Mining Industry. With their privately owned and modern workshop facility located close to the awesome Olympic Dam mine site, they are seeking a motivated Project Engineer to play a key role within the group.
Backed by a skilled team of 20, you will report straight to the Project Director, providing execution and management of machining & fitting, and fabrication services to the Olympic Dam mine site, township of Roxby Downs and the Upper Spencer gulf region.
As a growing company with a major demand on their services, our client is always looking to expand and take on new work. You will be heavily involved in this process as well as taking on significant responsibilities with the existing client network. As such you are expected to be an effective communicator and report writer.
Beyond this, we are looking for a candidate with a background in brownfield engineering projects within the mining and resources sector, ideally with tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering or Project Management, and experience in the following:
- 3+ years experience in project management of brownfield projects
- It is essential that you are able to read and clearly interpret detailed scope of works and design & fabrication drawings
- Proven experience meeting strict project deadlines is essential
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to liaise with major clients and stakeholders
- Fusion 360-AutoCAD experience is advantageous
- Willingness / ability to work in remote locations
Main Responsibilities :
- Reviewing work scopes, complete detailed methodologies, and deliver high-level tender schedules
- Compile and align documentation to Project specific requirements
- Compile and deliver tender to award procurement packages
- Create work-packs for site execution teams
- Provide concise and detailed technical support for installation teams
- Plan and coordinate execution of works, including procurement and sub-contractor management
- Maintain, track and report on performance
- You will work collaboratively with Project Managers, Supervisors, Project staff and other team members within the organisation
- Prepare ITP and Manufacturing Data Reports for customers
- Liaise with stakeholders to identify and manage any project concerns
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, plans and procedures
- Ensure project aligns with client QA/QC requirements
- Liaise with existing and potential clients to maintain relationships and generate further opportunities
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
What's in it for you?
- Excellent hourly rate and superannuation contributions, plus 100% hourly rate overtime
- Down to earth, mature management and a well constructed team
- Exciting career development opportunities with a dynamic, growing company
- Flexible roster options
- Paid accommodation for state-wide or inter-state employees travelling for fifo
- A diverse and challenging project portfolio, with a wide range of clients and environments
This is a truly excellent career opportunity for any ambitious Engineer looking to take that next step, do not miss out! Apply today!
For more information please contact Andrew Duncan on 0429 545 331. And follow us on LinkedIn: Kona & Co | Engineering.