Currently we are seeking a Senior Contract Administrator to join a well established Commercial Construction company of over 50 years.
The company works across commercial, institutional and retail projects. In addition their business is sourced from referral or recommendations and typically have not had to tender as the pipeline of works is established.
The ideal candidate must have proven experience in Contract Administration in the commercial and/or retail construction industry to support the Project Management team on projects up to $10 million dollars.
Applicants must have strong inter personal skills, the ability to obtain top results from sub-contractors and suppliers.
A requirement of the role is that you are either professionally qualified or have a "minimum of 8 years industry experience".
Reporting to a Project Manager, what is offered is an expert team with excellent support systems, a specialized career path with advancement and a manageable workload.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Contract Administration of projects $100k - $10M.
- Extensive experience in Commercial / Retail Development, D&C, New Construction, Shopfitting & Refurbishment.
- Previous exposure & experience with Design & Construct (D&C) work.
- Experience with cost plus projects an advantage.
- Liaison with Clients, Estimators, office & site staff.
- Be able to carry out quantity take offs, material purchasing & accurate budget control.
- Excellent negotiation & problem solving skills.
- Be able to work in a team or autonomous role.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with software programs - CHEOPS, Microsoft Project, Word, Outlook & Excel.
- Possess excellent commercial acumen with strong relationship building & negotiating skills.
- Highly organised, time management & ability to multi-task.
- Be a self-starter capable of working without direction or micro management.
- Attention to detail.
Whats on offer:
- An attractive salary package negotiated according to the experience of the applicant.
- A modern office located in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
- A friendly & enthusiastic team that will train & mentor you for future advancement.
Applicants "must" demonstrate previous experience in this role with a respected commercial building company.
Applications must be in writing with references essential.
For more information please get in touch with Beau via email email@example.com and I will arrange a time to get in touch with yourself should your experience be suitable to the advertised position.