| Lead Estimator |
Kona & Co | Executive Search are currently working exclusively on this fantastic new position with one of Australia’s best-known construction brands. From their regional offices in Albury, our client is looking for a motivated Senior Estimator to take on a leading position within the group – Linking up with major projects teams across the state to play a key role in regional operations.
As an experienced Lead Estimator, you will be expected to take on the management of tender estimating and cost planning processes, whilst thoroughly reviewing all relevant documentation to develop accurate SOW, BOQ and Cost Plans. You will hold responsibility for the communication of trade packages to sub-contractors and ensuring trade quotes are received. Additional work with sub-contractors will include the negotiation of their quotes, insuring quality, and the best possible price.
The successful candidate should have strong leadership qualities and be comfortable in authority. Your capabilities should extend to: Full oversight in guiding your team through preparation for take-offs and tender estimates using Costx; leading the negotiation and clarification stage during post tender; and carrying out project hand overs to the project delivery team and assisting project teams post tender.
For your expertise and ability, you will become a valued member of the group, and gain a generous salary package for your efforts. On top of this you will be working regularly on large, standout projects within the industry, spanning several sectors in the market: Commercial, industrial, government & defence, community & education, healthcare, and various utility constructions. You have a cracking opportunity to work with a top tier team of professionals and experts with an employer who truly rewards excellence!
WHAT YOU NEED?
- Experience in a lead estimator role
- Proven capability of successful tenders and bids in various sectors, responsibility for projects from $30M
- A proven track record in either an Estimating or QS role within Melbourne would be advantageous
- Various aspects of estimating including Construct Only, Design & Construct and Construction Management tenders would be beneficial
- Tertiary qualification in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying
- EstimateOne and, or Bid Contender knowledge
- Comfort in the use of CostX
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, show initiative and stay focused under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
For more information please contact Andrew Duncan, Principal Consultant on 0429 545 331.