You will be working for a leader in the Road Construction and Maintenance Industry. The company is very well established and is continuing to expand its operations throughout Australia. With over 500 employees across Australia.
We are currently seeking an experienced road maintenance Site Supervisor to oversee Spray Seal, Asphalt and Bitumen projects.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Arranging / Organising contractors and/or plant as required for the Sealing and Asphalt Works (including spreader trucks, traffic control etc)
- Arranging and ordering supplies of raw materials such as bitumen / asphalt deliveries etc
- Performing site inspections, risk assessments and job planning with respect to raw material needs and personne
- Ensure compliance to Environmental and Safety requirements for site
- Determining, documenting and communicating responsibilities for the crew, suppliers personnel on a daily basis
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supervising in Civil Road Construction, Bitumen, Spray Seal or Asphalt works
- Working Safely With Bitumen (AAPA) Preferred
- Strong ability to supervise and manage crews
- Excellent communication skills
- A good understanding of the operation of machinery and / or plant
- Recognition and ability to ensure compliance to CWA Safety, Environment and Quality procedures
In return the successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive salary package, job satisfaction and the opportunity to work with an organisation focused on safety and genuine employee development.